30 Sep What President Buhari did on Tuesday
President Buhari virtually inaugurated the 326 KM Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri rail line for commercial operation, as well as the ancillary facilities yard at the recently named Goodluck Jonathan Railway Complex in Agbor (Owa-Oyibu), Delta State.
In acknowledging the importance of railways as a vital backbone to support industrialisation and economic development, he directed the Federal Ministry of Transportation to link all the nation’s ports of origin and destination – Apapa, Tin Can, Warri, Onne, Calabar Ports – to the rail network in order to significantly improve overall transportation and economic capacities; and also to link Itakpe line to Abuja, thereby, connecting the Northern Zone of the country and also extending southwards to link the Warri Ports.
* In separate letters to the National Assembly, he: requested the Senate to confirm the elevation of eight Justices to Supreme Court
* He sought the confirmation of appointment of eight nominees of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
* Sought confirmation of the appointment of six nominees of the National Pension Commission.
* He replaced the nomination of Peter Gana (Niger) and Yusuf Mohammed (Yobe) with Muhammed Manta and Yusufu Yunusa from Niger and Yobe States respectively as career ambassadors.
* He asked the National Assembly to approve the refund of N148 billion to Ondo, Bayelsa, Cross River, Osun and