08 Feb News Morning
*With N8.5tn revenue target, FIRS moves to block N3tn tax leakages.
* CBN injects $218.41million into the retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS) and CNY 18million in the spot and short-tenured forwards segment of the inter-bank foreign exchange market.
* Oil prices fall for the week on coronavirus-led concerns over the global economy; Brent oil futures both post a 5th straight weekly decline.
* PMB says he won’t interfere in Ganduje-Sanusi feud because it will be unlawful.
* Visa restrictions: FG, US officials to hold crucial negotiation next week.
* Minister of Communications, Pantami, has warned Nigerians to desist from transmitting sensitive data on the Internet with devices powered by Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System because of the cessation of support for the by Microsoft on January 14 .
* Supreme Court declines to unfreeze foreign accounts belonging to Abacha family; affirms judgment of the court of appeal which handed a 12- year jail sentence to Jolly Nyame, a former governor of Taraba state.
* Another 161 Nigerians return from Libya.
* Clear your name, ICPC tells Obono-Obla.
* Fraudulent contractors almost killed NDDC, says Acting MD