03 Oct Donald Trump Update
Trump’s physician, Sean Conley, said he is “doing very well” at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, and has started Remdesivir therapy, an intravenous anti-viral drug. “He has completed his first dose and is resting comfortably,” he said.
* Earlier on Friday he said that the president had “as a precautionary measure received an 8g dose of Regeneron’s polyclonal antibody cocktail” at the White House. Regeneron remains an experimental drug and experts say the administration of the drug shows his case was serious.
* In a suggestion of recklessness, many people who attended White House events announcing Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Amy Coney Barrett, last Saturday have tested positive. Most of them did not wear mask and there was no social distancing
* Kellyanne Conway, the former top White House adviser, said on Twitter Friday night that she had tested positive.
* Also, Senator Thom Tillis, Republican of North Carolina, and Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah — have tested positive after attending the event.
* White House communications director Alyssa Farah said the president had not transferred his powers to Vice-President Mike Pence.