12 Nov ALL THE RELEVANT NEWS: Wednesday
🌍Oil prices edged higher on Thursday, taking the week’s gains so far to over 10% on growing hopes that the world’s major producers will hold off on a planned supply increase as soaring cases of COVID-19 dent fuel demand. Brent crude futures rose 7 cents, or almost 0.2%, to $43.87 a barrel at 0732 GMT.
🌍FEC Meeting: The 23rd virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting chaired by President Buhari approved the ratification of Nigeria’s membership of the African Continental Free Trade Area Agreement.
* Also approved are: the sum of N62.7 billion for the construction of Kano-Dawakin-Tofa-Gwarzo-Dariyo road in Kano State.
* Electronic National Health Insurance Scheme (e-NHIS), introducing the electronic medical records and management concept.
* N470,263,037 for procurement, installation, and commissioning of fully dimensional aerodrome and approach simulator at Lagos Airport.
* The formulation of a National Policy for Digital Identification for Internally Displaced Persons and also the establishment of the National Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre
🌍COVID-19 Update: Nigeria confirmed 180 new cases and 2 deaths on Wednesday, a day the COVID-19 pandemic set alarming records in the US (140, 000 cases a day); and the UK, where deaths surpass 50,000.
* So far 64516 cases have been confirmed, 60737 cases discharged and 1162 deaths recorded.
🌍Federal Ministry of Power has launched the Central Data Management System (CDMS), a digital platform of the Nigeria Sustainable Energy for All that monitors power networks across the country.
🌍FG has said that broadband penetration has hit a record of 45.43 percent.
🌍SEC moves to withdraw the registration certificates of about 157 inactive Capital Market Operators (CMOs) over statutory returns.
🌍NDIC, partners key financial and telecommunication agencies to produce a policy guideline for the registration, licensing and supervision of financial technology outlet
🌍Nigerian Army on Wednesday released a list of 86 persons wanted in connection with act of terrorism, including Boko Haram leaders.
🌍A global coalition to fight ISIS led by US to support West African countries fight terrorism.
🌍FG reinstates the suspended Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe.