25 Oct ALL THE RELEVANT NEWS: Sunday
* NCDC confirmed 48 new cases of coronavirus in the country on Saturday. So far, 61930 cases have been confirmed, with 57285 recoveries and 1129 deaths.
* CBN to promote opening of new accounts with zero balance.
* NIMC to increase issuance of the unique National Identification Numbers from 500,000 to 2.5 million in a month.
* Update on #ENDSARS: President Buhari has asked his ministers to go douse tension in their home states.
* In Kaduna, where she was with Environment Minister, Finance Minister Ahmed said FG has set aside N75 billion as Youths Fund to support the youths actualise the creative and entrepreneurial ideas of FG for the next 3 years.
* Hoodlums continued to exploit the ENDSARS protest by looting.
Yesterday, they added politicians in Oyo, Osun and Cross River to their list. Hoodlums invaded homes Teslim Folarin’s residence in Ibadan; Senators Ndoma-Egba, Bassey Ewa Henshaw, and Geshom Bassey in Cross River; as well as home former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Lasun Yusuff in Osun. Gov Oyetola imposed a fresh 24-hour curfew.
* IGP Adamu orders officers to reclaim the public space from hoodlums.
* The coalition of #EndSARS protest groups across the country initiate moves for a proper structure and representation.
* CAN has refuted reports that the Ecumenical Centre in Abuja was on fire. It never was!
* Lagos to prosecute 229 suspects for arson, murder, other crimes
* Gov Lalong imposed fresh 24 hours curfew in Jos
* Ebonyi Govt relaxed the curfew from 8pm to 8am
* Hoodlums broke into a warehouse in Jalingo for palliatives
* Three feared killed, several injured during looting of palliatives in Taraba
* Hoodlums invaded Edo government-owned warehouse.
* Kaduna has imposed a 24-hour curfew
* Delta State relaxes 48-hour curfew to 6 p.m. to 8 a.m.
* Tinubu visits Sanwo-Olu, says ‘I didn’t go nowhere, I remain Asiwaju of Lagos, the Jagaban.’